Monday, March 1, 2010

What a weekend!

As I said in my last post, I woke up with an ear infection Friday morning and it was driving me nuts! I put going to the doc off till Sat morning when I woke up in pretty considerable pain. Since it was snowing and still early, I figured they wouldn't be busy and I was right. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. Turned out I had an external ear infection in my right ear (which was what sent me to the doc in the first place), but I also had what looked to be the beginning of internal ear infections in both ears and a red throat. So I spent most of the weekend laying on my side with drops in my ear and taking antibiotics.

That may not sound like the best weekend, but it was pretty great actually. For one, by the end of Saturday, the pain was mostly gone. By Sunday, there was no pain and the antibiotics were helping to lift the vague ickyness I had been feeling for a while. Plus all that time on my side meant plenty of good tv and movie viewing!

And that was all wonderful since we went to look at a house Sunday afternoon. It was the house that our realtor had emailed about last week. She told us she thought we'd really like it but I wasn't sure how much attention she had been paying to what we were looking for. Turns out she was paying a lot of attention. Want a nice kitchen? Check. Original hardwood floors in good shape? Check. Three nice sized bedrooms with decent closets? Check. Fenced yard for the dogger? Check. Unfinished basement for storage? Check. Wanna be close to the Capitol? Big, big check! It even had things that we didn't think we would find like great paint jobs in all the rooms, a nice front porch, and a street full of what appears to be decent houses rather than the popular East End houses far past their prime turned into apartments.

Of course it's not perfect, there are some concerns about the location being a bit noisy. And, while the paint job is wonderful, I may have to change some of the colors. They did a wonderful job of giving the house a nice, calming, toned-down palette, but my Snoopys could use a brighter, jewel-toned background. But that's something that could come in time.

So we made our offer and we'll see what happens now. But it's nice to be excited again and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll definitely be thrilled to leave our apartment behind. I have a feeling that, in a few years time, it will become that first apartment where everything was crappy but you were really happy anyway. But for now, it's just crappy! LOL

No comments: