Thursday, March 25, 2010

Perspective

So I was really upset over possibly losing the house yesterday. Then I got the news about Lucy and Jake and it clarified everything for me.

Our little family has lived over a year in our apartment. It hasn't always been fun, but it's doable. And if we need to live another year there we will.

But our family is tight. We love each other very much. The loss of any of our members, even the newest one, is so much more important that the building where we keep our stuff. While I'll continue working on the house stuff, my priority is making sure that we do everything we can for our pups.

I also have to say that I felt completely blessed yesterday when faced with the prospect of spending $500 to save a pound puppy to have a husband who wasn't even the least bit hesitant. And, of course, there have been times when $500 would have been prohibitive, so I'm glad we're at a place where we could handle it without concern.

But please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: