Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stealing from ETW...

So I totally stole these questions from the Evil Twin's Wife cause my mind is bouncing all over the place this morning!

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

None of mine are too awfully old right now. I have a pair of chucks that is probably 4-5 yrs old but that's it. When we moved into our current apartment a little over a year ago, I donated most of my older shoes that I never wore. Since we got Jake the Wonder Mutt, I do well to keep shoes at all since fake leather is one of his favorite treats.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

I bought Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, and Trefoils. I love them. I'm always a sucker for sugar but it's extra nice that they're really good and I didn't have to make them myself.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

I so wish I did. When we first got back together, Not-So-Ex wanted to take a class, but I put it off and I wish I hadn't!

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

I was an uber-responsible kid. As a teenager, not so much.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

I'm a (fledgling) film geek so I actually saw most of them. I saw Avatar (yawn), Up in the Air (wonderful), Up (even more wonderful), Inglorious Basterds (effing awesome), and District Nine (meh). I will be watching Hurt Locker, for which I've heard absolutely nothing but praise, soon. I can't decide if I'll watch Precious, which just looks so incredibly good but in a painful sort of way, or A Serious Man, but I probably will eventually.

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

Having blood drawn doesn't even phase me. I despise IVs though.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

I think I'll have to go with the obvious and say Saturday. That's the day when work doesn't even enter my mind and there's no pressure to get the kids ready for school or anything.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

I'm not sure miss is the right word, but I'd love to have the fam with me instead of being in my office!

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

Normally, no. But I will say that visiting my papaw in a VA hospital a few years ago almost took me out. There was just something about that place.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

There are a few places actually. I could burn through some serious plastic at Old Navy. Plus, Target has a very special, warm spot in my wallet. Krogers also gets a good chunk of my paycheck on a pretty regular basis.

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

I'm normally a cheaper is better sorta chick. But I do buy name brand chocolate chips and chocolate baking bars when I'm baking something special. And Hershey's dark cocoa powder is awesome too.

No comments: