Friday, March 5, 2010

Frak that I'm going nowhere!

Yesterday I received what I perceived to be a threat to my readers. In response, I was going to shut down this site and start fresh somewhere else and keep the new blog anonymous.

But I realized this morning that I don't want to. I like my blog. I like my readers. I like sharing when I feel comfortable and holding back when I don't.

I have things in my past that I'm not proud of. I have no problem discussing them, and have many times in the past, but I am moving forward and will not discuss them in a public forum. I'm not scared of my past. And I'm not tortured by it either.

If you come here looking for a person who has never lied or cheated, you are in the wrong place. I am a person who is flawed in many, many ways. If you are here to pass judgement on me or others, you are in the wrong place. I will accept a lot, but I will never, ever allow anyone to be treated as less than in my space.

And that's exactly what this is... my space.

For now, comments are private for everyone's sake. If you want to talk about the past, please feel free to email me. I am not afraid of discussing it, but I refuse to air my dirty laundry in public. If you receive unwanted emails from anyone, I apologize again.

Update: I just had to say a huge thank you to all the folks that have emailed or facebooked or messaged me! It's meant so much!

No comments: