Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Better late than never...

So I've known about this for a while but was sworn to secrecy first and then got sidelined by doggers and houses second. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia has a distribution deal with Robert DeNiro's Tribeca Films. Apparently the film will hit video on demand first around the end of April, then a short theatrical run (the initial idea was to release in NYC and LA, but the director is pushing a run in TN, WV and smaller markets), and then DVD release.

*Disclaimer - I was the associate producer on this film but I in no way recommend it to the faint of heart. It is graphic. It is sad. It is painful. But I also believe it gives a portrait of addiction that is incredibly raw. It was hard to live the story and I find it equally difficult to watch.*

Anyway, despite the content of the film, the project itself was a blessing for me and I would love to see the people I worked with move on up the Hollywood ladder. I also happen to know that, if the film manages to turn a profit (a rarity for documentaries), there are plans in place for those funds that will benefit the White family's future.

No comments: