Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm assembling my army as we speak (mwahahahahaha)

So last week I had a conversation with a friend that included a foray into our favorite candies, Easter candy especially. And I mentioned my infatuation with Peeps.

Peeps and I have an interesting relationship. I love them. I think they may possibly be the most beautiful candy I have ever seen with their bright pinks, yellows, and blues. I know they now come in a million different shapes and colors for every possible occasion, but only the Easter chicks and bunnies (chicks first as I'm kinda meh on the bunnies) have possession of the special little squishy spot in my heart. The second those bright little chicks hit the grocery store shelf, I must buy them.

However, like all relationships, there is one flaw in my adoration of Peeps. I don't like to eat them. I don't like the taste or the texture. I just like to look at them. When I had kids, I thought they would be the perfect way to use up all those Peeps but, daggonit, they don't like them either. So every year I look for something to do with them. I'm not an artist (unless you count cupcakes) so I've never done the dioramas (although I now desperately want to). I'm always looking for recipes involving Peeps, but I don't want to torture the little beauties either.

Of course, while I may not be an artist, those little Peeps should be thankful I'm not a scientist either. I mean the worst I would do to them is plop them on a cupcake!

PS - If you're not a link clicker, you're really missing out!

No comments: