Thursday, February 4, 2010

More housey talk

So I don't think I've thought about much this week other than THE house. I talked to one bank yesterday and I have a meeting with another one tomorrow.

It's one of those situations where it's just a bit more than we were looking for. It's a big house that we could grow into but we also don't want to get something that, in the long run, we won't be able to afford. There's really nothing that will stomp the fun out of a new marriage faster than money problems.

That being said, I'm going to go tomorrow and see just how much I can offer, then I will make my offer. We may get shot down, but I want to offer.

Until then, I will be at my desk looking at screens or papers full of words but my mind will be full of floating numbers. And, to me, numbers are a soft, theoretical thing rather than hard, definitive words like yes and no.

But keep wishing me luck!!!

5 comments:

Doc said...

LUCK!!!

SL said...

Good luck!!

House hunting is so stressful, I been there, never bought though lol just wasn't ready

Good for you - hope it pans out! :)
SL

Lyneya said...

Good luck with the house hunting. Just be careful. This is not the time to overreach yourself on a house. If they can't lower the house into the range you can reasonably afford, keep looking. It's really frustrating because you found a home you love but you need to get a home you can afford to keep too. If you have to walk away from this home keep an eye on it. You might find a few months down the line that it's still on the market and the owners have lowered the price.

Paige said...

Well the house sold before we could make an offer. It clearly wasn't meant to be so we'll keep looking!

All Click said...

Keep watching House Hunters on HGTV. I can't bear to because i'm so far away from owning my own house. But you seem pretty close ;-)