Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear Weekend...

Please end soon! You have not been very nice to me and mine. If it wasn't bad enough that I had such an awful day at work on Friday, you had to really pull out all the stops Saturday (when my grandfather was involved in a car accident but is luckily ok) and Sunday (when we heard from the house inspector that the home we've been trying to buy has a bad roof).

Now I'm sure, in the long run, things will turn out fine. The accident will hopefully cause Papaw to listen to those of us who tell him not to drive, but it's hard for him to give up his independence. As his hard-headed granddaughter, I understand. As for the house, I spoke with our realtor who said the next step is to tell them that the roof has to be fixed or the deal is off. We may well end up starting over from scratch, but that's better than moving in and finding out in a matter of months (and that's a bit optimistic) that we're gonna have to shell out thousands for a new roof.

But anyway, for once I'm screaming "Come on Monday!"

Update: Well the bad luck has continued and spread to our poor little dogger. Trying to be good pup parents, we tried to trim Jake's toenails. Yeah, we'll never do that again.

No comments: