Monday, February 22, 2010

The hits just keep on coming...

So I headed into work hoping for a little break in my bad luck but, alas, it doesn't seem to be coming today.

I got to work and was trying to remove a stubborn staple and chipped my tooth (yeah... I'm sure everyone has no trouble figuring out how that happened to this particular rocket scientist). So I'm walking around with my tongue almost permanently attached to my front tooth because I can feel where it's chipped, even though it doesn't really show unless you really study it. I've had too many sick and annual days lately so, if it continues to bug me, I'll have to wait till Saturday to get to the dentist. Which is just my luck.

Being the kind of person I am, I find these stories so funny that I have to tell everyone. So, shortly after chipping my tooth and telling the woman in the office beside mine, I sat down to have lunch in my office and promptly choked on my pop and had a coughing fit like you would not believe. After hearing me coughing, she yelled out "are you ok?" and of course I said yes. Then she yelled, "You better watch or you'll be dead by the end of the day."

I guess we'll see won't we!

No comments: