Monday, August 16, 2010

It's a Monday? Really?

So today is more like Sunday part 2 since Not-So-Ex is off today. After the chaos of the weekend, today is much welcomed.

As for the weekend, it consisted of Saturday (movie day) and Sunday (baking day). And it was soooooooooo busy.

Sunday's cupcaking (and baking in general since the order included cookies) was rough. Nothing would turn out right. Nothing was working. I wasn't doing anything I hadn't done before, except the results were suddenly not quite right. I started an all out freak out in the morning but, luckily, I was able to pull it together (with the help of Not-So-Ex of course) and the results were pretty damn good. And that was important, especially since they were ordered for a birthday party for the mayor of Charleston.
I must say, when those cupcakes left my house, I felt a million pounds lighter. It was wonderful. So we spent the rest of the day celebrating, at least in our own little way.

But now it's Monday and I have 2 dozen cupcakes to do for tomorrow. They're to introduce myself to everyone else working with my new employer (they own two restaurants and the bakery where I'll be working). So I've already made some creamy coffee and strawberry champagne and gonna experiment with some Strawberry Lemonade and Mimosa in a bit. Should be a fun day!

No comments: