Friday, August 27, 2010

Frustration

Today was a crappy day. It started out awesome but, at some point, flour and sugar (more likely it was baking soda and baking powder) decided to conspire against me. I got to work excited to do some baking, only to have everything I made turn out crappy. I made three dozen cupcakes and had one dozen turn out. I even made chocolate chip cookies that failed. Chocolate. Chip. Cookies. I asked the owner if I could come in for a little while tomorrow - just long enough to make another batch of cupcakes and rescue my rep.

And, as if my rotten baking luck wasn't enough, the family came home to find that Lucy the Asthmatic Demon Dog had found, and destroyed, a box that contained a lot of family pics. *sigh*

On the plus side, the evening's been a considerable improvement. There was pizza and Psych with sis and then a lot of couch time with Veronica Mars on Netflix. The theme song has been running through my mind on loop lately.
Of course that's probably because the show's been streaming on my tv almost non-stop for days. But it really is awesome.

2 comments:

White Toast with Butter said...

I have those days...too - for weeks everything will be great and then I have a stinky day of cooking or baking. I think it happens to everyone.

Paige said...

Today was better. Thanks goodness. But I have to say the chefs and such were very understanding of my crap day.