Monday, April 12, 2010

Throwback Monday

So I'm sitting in my office on a Monday feeling very old school. I cut myself some bangs over the weekend, and the new fringe, especially when paired with my new "Flashdance" shirt (only reminds me of Flashdance cause I can't seem to keep it up on my shoulders) makes me feel very 80s. And I guess that's a good thing since the 80s are all the rage these days.

I went to the movies with the fam yesterday and saw Clash of the Titans. When the original was big, anything referencing "the gods" was probably not allowed in my home, so I never saw the full original. Not-So-Ex was a huge fan, and I had seen bits and pieces, but the material wasn't as familiar to me as it was to most. It was a fun movie. And the popcorn was good. That's pretty much all I ask for.

The one thing I found funny was that almost every preview was for a new remake of an 80s movie. In general, I see this as a bad, BAD thing. I mean it's only a matter of time until Miley Cyrus is starring in a "re-imagination" of Pretty in Pink (OH the horror). Is Hollywood really out of good stories (hell I'll even take mediocre ones)?

But I have to make one exception here. One of the previews was for the new, silver-screen version of A-Team. When this preview came on, the 10 yr old fangirl in me shrieked in excitement. I started whispering in my daughter's ear on one side of me and then my son on the other side to convince them that this was a definite must-see. While both gave me a brief "you're such a geek" look, they both agreed.

But anyway, it's time to get the flashback over with. I've got grants to approve and a film to plan. Hollywood may be out of tales to tell, but I'm not!

No comments: