Monday, April 5, 2010

This one's for my Peeps...

So we had a lovely Easter weekend. The Easter Bunny came through and left plenty of treats for all the kiddos (ever the four-legged ones), which means it was a good year. I will always remember the one year when my daughter was in big trouble and received nothing but school supplies from the Easter Bunny. Good times, good times.

But anyway, one of the best things about the weekend is that I was able to do some baking again. And everything I made had a theme. They were all about Peeps.

First off, there's the easiest recipe ever. Take some Peeps, line them up on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick foil, and bake them at 300 for 4 minutes. They are so freakin' good. The bottom gets all crunchy and the rest is just soft, gooey marshmallow.
Next come the S'meeps. These are almost as simple as the baked Peeps but are super messy and equally yummy. Take graham crackers and break them in half, then put a few pieces of Hershey's chocolate bar on them, and lay a Peep on top.
Bake at 300 for about 5 minutes or so (until the Peeps get puffy),
take them out, and put a graham cracker half on top. Squish them carefully (like I said... messy) and eat em up!

Last, but definitely not least, were my S'meeps cupcakes. I used my standard S'mores Cupcake recipe but, instead of putting marshmallow creme on top, I put a little chocolate frosting and then stuck a Peep on top.
Once we got to the in-laws' to eat, we used a torch and toasted the Peeps. The result was really, really good, not to mention the whole uniqueness thing. But it was definitely a recipe I'll do again.

No comments: