Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring is awesome

I love spring! It's my favorite time of year. I love watching the plants get green. I love watching my roses bud and eventually bloom. I love planting my little urban garden. I love it all.

This year, Not-So-Ex is having a hard time reigning me in when it comes to the garden. I have a deep love of fruit trees, so when I found out there were all these dwarf trees I could plant in pots and bring in during winter, I was soooooo psyched. The fact that I killed my first one, a dwarf key lime tree, didn't even damper my excitement. So this year I'm gonna try a dwarf key lime, lemon, pomegranate, and blueberries (which I've tried before but Jake ate the plants before I could even pot them). And I just found a dwarf apple tree in a catalogue over the weekend that must be mine!

But anyway, I love the freshness of this season! Once I get stuff planted, I'll make sure to post pics frequently! Especially once my roses start to bloom! God they're gorgeous.

No comments: