Thursday, April 15, 2010

I almost forgot!

My beautiful girl headed south yesterday for her 6th grade trip. They're going to Alabama to Space Camp. I'm so proud of her, even if that sounds silly. My mom (who teaches at her school) will be on the trip, which is tremendously lucky since they had to tell parents they couldn't go (I mean seriously I've been waiting 13 yrs for her to get to this point so I could "chaperone" and get to go to space camp). I don't know that she's ever been to an overnight outing, but I'm glad she's growing and maturing enough to get to go.

This is really just another opportunity to look back at how far we've come. Had you told me about 4-7 years ago that she'd be functioning well, achieving well, and even making friends, I wouldn't have believed you. It was more than I even dared dream about. But here she is.

Here's hoping everything goes well and she has a blast!

No comments: