Friday, April 16, 2010

Films and Sunshine

I have a hard time naming my blogs lately because the bright, warm weather makes me wanna include the word awesome in every title... and, sooner or later, folks will get awesomed out.

But anyway, the highlight of my day (so far) was an excellent lunch at Bluegrass Kitchen, one of my favorite places to eat, with my friend and thesis producer. I walked there and the weather is just spectacular. The sun is so bright and just warm enough and the breeze is just cool enough to make it the perfect walking weather, even for an uber white chicklet like myself.

But, again, I digress. The point I was getting to was that my thesis film is truly coming together. The person I wanted for my lead is going to be in town at just the right time and seems interested. The crew seems to be coming together. The script is long, but golden. I've just gotten get my locations set, lock in my important actors, and fill in all the bit parts and we'll be ready to shoot.

The plan, which I'm sure will change early and often, is to film on the weekends for a month. It's really gonna be a rough month. I count on my weekends for my downtime... my recharging time. But I'll just have to get through that month and then it can slow back down. I'll just have to keep reminding myself, and Not-So-Ex, of that.

I'm also hoping we'll be able to take a nice vacation after we wrap. Be able to go veg out for a week after a month of chaos. We'll see though. As it is, we can't even settle on a vacation spot, much less a time. LOL

But there's a LOT of work ahead of me. I look forward to it, to an extent, but I also dread it. I definitely wanna be finished though!

No comments: