Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some late good news


So the lovely (if ornery) Lucy went back to the vet the other day and has a clean bill of health. That's right, our stubborn little redhead beat Parvo. And, when I'm not busy cleaning up after her, I'm totally thrilled.

And, while we're on the dogger thread, this weekend is the big fundraiser for the local animal shelter, the Fur Ball (I seriously couldn't make that name up). I'm actually psyched about it. Not-So-Ex and I will be providing a little food for the event and then look forward to taking part in some of the silent auctions and such. I'm sure a good time will be had by all and, hopefully, it'll provide the funds to care for a ton more dogs and cats.

Like most West Virginians, I have to admit to being just a bit off focus today. I keep waiting for news, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. But I must say that I'm very proud of the way we've responded to the tragedy. We're a very loving people, really, although I expect Don Blankenship won't be one of the ones benefiting from that. But, in all honesty, I think he's benefited enough from us.

No comments: