Friday, December 11, 2009

Cake and charities... what could be better?

If you don't already read the blog Cake Wrecks, you definitely should. Even on the worst days I'm guaranteed at least a little giggle (back in the cubicle days, it generally brought laughter loud enough that I had to explain to my co-workers).

Anyway, I checked in for my morning snicker and saw this. Instead of buying all the standard holiday trappings, they are donating to a different charity every day for the next two weeks and inviting their readers to do the same. They suggested the idea of each reader donating a dollar to the days charity, which would raise like $80,000 each day! Can you imagine? They're even willing to listen to reader suggestions of charities!

I don't know that I can do a dollar every day, but I'm gonna try. And I'm kinda psyched actually. Reading all about it really brightened my morning after the crazy no-doors-will-open-and-security-is-gonna-freak-on-you morning I had. But that's a silly story that will come later I'm sure. Once I've had enough time to tell it with maximum hilarity.

No comments: