Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ooh! One more thing!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly what anyone would call religious. And, in general, I'm good with that. While I would like to get more in touch with my spirituality, which was muted for quite a while, I'm not a big fan of organized religion. However, I come from a very religious family and, while I may not share their precise beliefs, I have incredible respect for those beliefs.

Those who know me also find it strange that I send my kids to a Christian school. While I may not necessarily believe, I want my kids to be raised with some sense of God and values and, when they're older, they can choose what religion they feel most comfortable with. Also, the school they attend is incredible academically and, since my mom teaches there as well, there is a very strong family vibe.

I've mentioned before that my daughter has faced some difficulty, mostly social, in the school setting. In the past few years, she has made huge, no... strike that... HUGE advances! While we're all thrilled, we've also been incredibly nervous about what comes next since she is in 6th grade this year. Her last attempt at public school was disastrous and the prospect of middle school is scary.

Between myself, Not-So-Ex, and my parents there's been a lot of prayer about what to do. I know I've personally just expressed my fear and asked to be shown what the next step should be. And an incredibly clear sign came yesterday when we received a letter from her school saying that they are starting a 7th Grade next year. And an 8th Grade the next.

So my beautiful, slowly blooming Geek girl gets two more years to come into herself before she has to face the cold, cruel world of public school! And her momma gets a few more years to prepare too! Woo Hoo!

No comments: