As I mentioned before, I am internetless at home so any blogging has to come from work. Generally that's a good thing as I love anything I can do to spend work time on other things. But, between being out with a sick kiddo last week and due dates for assignments this week, I haven't been writing much. So I thought I'd just post a quickie to update everyone on my life, both the important and the incredibly random parts.
- Still married. So far so good. LOL
- While the filmmaking community in Charleston is small, we're a tight knit group and, every once in a while, something really cool and fun comes up. In my case, that happened last weekend when I got to help film an interview with Sam Trammel from True Blood. He was absolutely the awesomest guy ever (and called me sweet!), so make sure and support one of our hometown stars and watch the show!
- My cupcaking skills are seriously sucking these days. I've thrown away more cupcakes than have been eaten. I have decided to blame at least part of it on my crappy oven.
- Lemon Curd is really hard to make just right. I made two batches over the weekend and both were terrible in their own special way.
- If you're not careful when mixing Angel Food Cake batter, the cake won't rise and you'll get little cupcakes that look rather like marshmallows. They'll taste ok, but be ugly. Just an FYI.
- I have broken another mixer. After my I Love Lucy-like episode in the kitchen, dough got into the part that turns the beaters. I tried to clean it out but when I went to put what I thought were the correct clean beaters back in, they wouldn't go. So I messed for a while and then handed them to Not-So-Ex. Just after he finally forced the beaters into place, I found the beaters that ACTUALLY went with the mixer. But, alas, Not-So-Ex did such a great job forcing the beaters into place that they will now not come out. *sigh*
- My grandmother turned 80 yesterday AND she and my grandpa celebrated 62 years of marriage. How awesome is that!
- I'm working on my script for my thesis. I just finished revisions to Act I, which I am pretty happy with right this second, but the deadline for Act II is looming so I gotta get busy!
- I went to Mountain Stage last night with friends and saw a chick from Kuala Lampur that sounded like Lilly Allen and was smaller than her huge acoustic guitar and a guy who was described by the loud drunk guy beside us as a cross between Bob Dylan and Danzig. While I don't think that's exactly true, it was awesome to really hear someone "plug in." Anyway, it was fun.
- I found the perfect song for the closing credits of my thesis film. I don't know if I can get it, but I'm gonna try. And it will be a surprising choice to anyone that knows me!
Ok... I was aiming for an even 10 so there ya go! Hopefully I'll be writing more soon!