Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Amped up


I'm not sure why, but I am super duper amped up today. It feels like I've consumed massive amounts of caffeine but, in fact, I've only had a little bit of pop so far today.

Part of it is cause I was baking last night. No matter how often I bake, I still have nerves about getting things done in time. Like what if the cupcakes fall... will I have enough time to make more... will the frosting be the right color... will everything taste right...
The Halloween Velvet Cupcakes I made for Hunt's class

I basically got almost no sleep. The fact that Sis had a field trip this morning, which meant I had to have her there way early, didn't help either. But everything went like clockwork this morning. We were up on time, out the door early, had breakfast as a family, then got Not-So-Ex to work, Sis to school, and Hunt and I headed home for a bit before I have to take him back to school.

But the biggest news for today is that it is our first re-anniversary!!!!!! That's right, it's been one whole year since we headed to the courthouse and he made an honest woman out of me. Again. In ways it feels like it couldn't possibly have been a whole year. In other ways it feels like we've always been together, there were just brief periods of technical difficulties.

Anyway, I'm as happy today as I was a year ago. Maybe even more so. Our life together has just re-started, but I'm sure it will only get sweeter with time.

No comments: