Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Excitement tempered with house work

Have you ever been on the edge of something really exciting but, since you're waiting on details from someone else, you don't want to talk about it for fear of jinxing it and having to go back and announce that, alas, things didn't work out? That's where I am right now. I think I'll have a huge announcement either this weekend or next week, but I guess we'll see. And, until I get all the info, I'm afraid that's where my mind is.

But, until then, I have enough work in this damn apartment to keep me busy for a lifetime. Yesterday there was a sudden, strong rain storm. I have the world's leakiest (and scariest, but that's another story) basement. Yesterday I was getting ready for a meeting, ran downstairs, and saw the water flooding into my basement. I continued getting ready and then ran down again and the water was up to my ankles. One last check before I headed to the meeting and the water was up to my calves.

That last check woulda been really funny if it hadn't been so stressful. I was standing in the basement, water all around me, and a mostly empty plastic tub of clothes literally floated past me.

But anyway, today holds a ton of housework. I gotta get the kitchen in check and get dinner started soon (slow cooker baby!) so that we can have a lovely dinner of Beef Stroganoff tonight. And then comes the hardest part. I will then have to venture into the great beyond that is the basement. So my broom and I will try to make some sense down there. Please God help me.

1 comment:

All Click said...

Good luck....ummm sweeping away a foot of water? lol