Wednesday, July 7, 2010

All things work together for good

So it may be shocking to hear but, while I am talkative and occasionally outgoing, I can also be rather shy. Especially with strangers. So, several months ago, when friends urged me to contact a very in-the-know business person in our community - and one that I didn't know personally - I was hesitant. I was scared actually. But, after much poking and prodding, I put myself out there.

And was told no.

Now it was a super kind no. A "we love what you're doing but it doesn't really fit" no. And while I fear rejection in the worst way, I didn't feel rejected. I felt like I tried and that was good enough.

And it seems that that initial contact may help me. I don't really know too much at this point, other than the fact that I have a meeting in my future. And that, again, is good enough.

I feel even more blessed and even more lucky than I already felt. And, at the end of the day, people like you are who I have to thank. My friends who give love and support, but also who push me - ever so softly - to venture out just a bit.

And, as always, while I thank my friends here, I will thank the closest of the close, Not-So-Ex and my family, in person too. Cause there would be nothing at all if it wasn't for them!

No comments: