Friday, June 4, 2010

Soooooooo psyched

So this time next week I'll hopefully be lounging around in Kentucky! Next week I'll be attending the Flyover Film Festival where the film I worked on will be shown. I'll start the day off with a doctor's appt but, once I get that out of the way, I'll be heading to Louisville.

One of the best things is that I'm dragging one of my friends with me! While filming, it was easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of testosterone in the air cause it was normally an all male crew, except for me of course. But for our little reunion (I actually haven't seen my director since we wrapped well over a year ago), I needed a little extra girl power. LOL

We have a hotel room a little ways from where all the activity is, that way, if we wanna hang with the guys we can and, if we need to get away, we have a room to run to. Plus it gives us somewhere to get relax and such until the film shows, which is late Fri night.

When I was going over plans with my director via email, he suggested I check out some of the incredibly culturally significant sites in the area such as Colonel Sander's grave. Sadly, he lost the pictures from his last visit, which was when he took Hasil Adkins to visit the grave. I'd pay to see those pics myself!

Anyway, while the film has shown at all kinds of well respected festivals, I'm glad I'll get to this one at least. But next time I have a film that shows at Tribecca and the LA Film Festival (next time! HA!), I think I'll head to either NYC or LA (or both) and get the full Tinseltown film experience. But for now, I'm just thrilled with the Bluegrass State.

No comments: