Friday, June 25, 2010

Life is funny

You know, so often you go along in life thinking you know what is ahead. You chose a path and you just believe that you'll continue going in that direction. Then one day things change.

Today marks the end of my life as a state employee. Probably for good, since I was never all that successful at it anyway. It's not a role I was ever particularly comfortable with and I look forward to what is ahead.

So what is ahead?

For right now, I'm not sure. My roles as wife and mom will be my focus for a bit, plus growing my cupcake business. Eventually I may seek employment, but I will be looking for a different kind of work. I have found that I still have a little idealistic streak in me. It may be a bit smaller than it used to be, but they haven't beat it completely out of me yet.

So, if you're interested in seeing what happens now, stay tuned. The one thing you can be sure of is that there will always be cupcakes!

PS - Not-So-Ex... Thank you!!!!

No comments: