Friday, January 28, 2011

Another week, another self-declared snow day

So today went much like last week. We got up at 4, got ready to take Not-So-Ex to work, only to find new snow. And lots of it. This time, I actually tried to get him to work, only to decide half way there that I was scared to try to drive home. So he turned around and took us home.

The kids still have school, but without us there. I hate when this happens, but I won't risk my kids' safety. And I hope there won't be too much makeup work.

In addition to missing school, I'm missing work. I took most of yesterday off because Not-So-Ex has been having some serious back issues (which seem to have been helped and hopefully will be solved by a new chiropractor). So I'm behind, which I hate. But tomorrow is an early day so I should be able to catch back up. It seems that I have become a necessary part of the bakery, while I was originally just an addition. And that is nice. And I adore my coworker, which is always good.

Anyway, I'm planning on a slow, calm day today so hopefully that's exactly what I'll get!

2 comments:

White Toast with Butter said...

I'm like you - I don't mess with icy roads - it's not worth it.

Paige said...

I was in a wreck when I was in college on snowy, icy roads. Since then I'm pretty paranoid.