Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Six of one, half dozen of the other...

So I can't decide if yesterday was a bad day or a good day.

Work was crazy busy, and required some actual physical work, so I was dead tired at the end of the day. But it did make the day fly past. After work, I just wanted to come home and crash, but it was my cousin's birthday so we had to head to my grandmother's for his party. I didn't want to go, but we got a free meal, cookie cake, and got to visit with everyone.

During the day, I found out that my nice, neat plan for thesis may be falling apart because the people involved from my school are trying to push me back. At first I was very eff you about it. Had quite the "I'll take my ball and go home" attitude. But now I'm really torn. I have been looking to see if I could find some sort of similar online program that would accept my credits, but I've come up empty handed. On the other hand, my main reason for rushing was because the actress I had planned to be my lead was only available in the summer. I recently found a new actress that may be better than the first, and her time isn't as limited. So maybe it's time to consider slowing it down and shooting in the fall. I really don't know.

And, just as my thesis is withering, my cupcaking is taking off. I've slowly been working on the 250 cupcakes for my daughter's school and, in the process, have been posting tons of pics on facebook. As a result, I have been contacted by several businesses (some restaurants and some spas) that would like to sell my cupcakes. It's quite a novel concept for me. People are seeking me out. Wanting to pay me for my hobby. Hmmm. It's nice, whether it all works out or not.

Well I guess that's it! Another day closer to the beach though! Woo Hoo!

No comments: