Monday, May 24, 2010

And the countdown begins...

It's a Monday morning, but I'm not the least bit sad to be at work. In fact, I'm kinda excited. And that is because it means I have fewer days till our mini vacation.

That's right! This Thursday, I will go to my daughter's big 6th grade celebration, drop off 250 cupcakes (15 dozen are already done and frozen, 4 dozen are done but not in the freezer yet, and I think I'm gonna make about 3 more dozen so there will be some extras), party for a while with her, her friends, and their families. As soon as we finish up, we will hop in our car and head to the beach. The plan is to drive about half way, find a motel and stay the night, and then drive the rest of the way Friday morning.

I'm so excited just to have some down time with the ones I love. And, of course, I'm also looking forward to getting some sun, some reading time, and checking out some killer restaurants.

I really wish we didn't have to hurry back. But I also know that we all have responsibilities and the ability to carve out even a little bit of time just for us is a tremendous gift.

No comments: