Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oh the things I do...

So my love of hair dye, bleach, and my recent Manic Panic addiction is well known. But I do believe it got a little out of hand this week.

Last weekend, I put some more blue streaks in my hair, but I wasn't crazy about them. I didn't leave the dye in as long as I should have so the streaks were uneven; some were really dark blue, some were lighter, and some bordered on aqua. Being the rocket scientist that I am, I thought that, since I like lighter hair in the Spring and Summer, I could bleach my hair and lighten it overall and get rid of the blue at the same time.

I was wrong.

I ended up with mostly white hair and light blue areas (I don't think they can even be called streaks anymore). I was understandably freaked out. I've spent the better part of my lifetime as a blonde, but I'm not sure it's ever been THIS blonde.
Me right after the dye job (I'll post better pics later)

While I was definitely freaked, I haven't felt the need to really fix it yet. More than anything, I wanna let my hair rest a bit before I try something else. This week, hot oil, deep conditioners, and toners have been my BFFs.

In other news, the kiddos will be home soon. I can't wait! I've missed my little heatherns. I spent last night babying Lucy the Asthmatic Demon Dog. It appears that, in addition to parvo and asthma, she also has seizures. So far this evening, she seems ok so I'm hoping to get some rest.

Last weekend, Not-So-Ex got a new tattoo. Or at least most of one.

Not-So-Ex's not-so-finished tatt

He was under the needle for three hours straight and, when it still wasn't done, they had to stop with the plan being to let it heal a bit and then finish it in a couple weeks. While his looks great, the best part is that, once his is finished, it's my turn! Right now I'm torn between getting two more on my back or getting a quarter sleeve. Either plan will feature a cupcake though.

Ooh! One other bit of silliness. As everyone knows, I'm sure, entertainment news everywhere has been all Charlie Sheen all the time. And here is my favorite bit. Enjoy folks!

No comments: