Monday, March 21, 2011

Everyone should be over Jordan Catalano

So I spent my weekend either watching My So-Called Life on Netflix or looking for the remote so I could watch it or going to Wal-Mart to buy a new remote so I could watch it. Yeah, it was that kind of weekend.

By the end, when dear, awesome Angela ended up riding off into the distance with Jordan, I wanted to choke him out. LOL. But seriously, how many Jordan's did I date? How many guys did I credit with intelligence and introspection when they were really just not too bright? How many guys did I date that would have slept with my best friend and then tried to get me back (sadly, sometimes successfully)? Yep, folks, I've dated many good leaners in my life.

The thing that got me this time was how often I found myself identifying with the mom. The scene where Angela talks about never being pretty and the mom is completely dumbstruck... yeah, I've been that mom. The days of identifying with Angela are over, now I'm firmly in the mom category. Especially since my daughter turns 14 tomorrow. Four-effing-teen.

Anyway, I love the show. And I melted just a bit more when an Afghan Whigs' song played on one of the last few episodes. It was perfection.

But, just a warning Jordan Catalano, I've seen your future and it ain't pretty. Being the guy on the mountain that makes snow may be the best career path possible. Just sayin.

No comments: