Thursday, May 14, 2009

The 100 Cupcake Project

My wonderful cousin Stephanie received an appointment to West Point, which, while making me incredibly nervous, also makes me very proud.  Steph has always been an amazing person with a huge heart.  I can remember when she helped me out as a volunteer during a summer reading program in Lincoln Co and was justifiably indignant to learn that the kids' playground flooded with raw sewage on a regular basis.  But she's all grown now and fluent in multiple languages.  She's also her own chick since she converted to Judaism despite coming from one helluva WASP-y family.

But back to the original point...

Steph's going away party is June 21st and her mom (Aunt Susan), who is a cake decorator, asked me to make cupcakes for the party.  100 Cupcakes.  And she asked for several different kinds (she mentioned around 6).

So every weekend or so I'm gonna try a new cupcake recipe out.  I'll post pics and recipes and we'll see which ones make the cut!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've developed an unhealthy obsession for cupcake blogs. If you need a list, let me know. I probably have at least 20 on my fave list!
And I still want the Key Lime recipe that you posted on your other blog.
And I'm thinking of starting a cupcake/baking/cooking blog, but I'm still getting my thoughts together.
Are you going to Matt's grad party next Friday at Kim's house? We could be your cupcake testers!

Paige said...

I think I'll be there! I'll definitely have to bring some cupcakes. My dear ones get tired of them!