Not my pic since mine was anything but pretty.
My aunt used to make this all the time and I never heard a name that suited it. The recipe I used calls it Pretzel Salad, which I think is a completely crappy name since the word "salad" invokes green things and dressing rather than cream cheese and strawberries. Anyway, here's the recipe and it's awesome.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 1/2 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen (sliced)strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed pretzels, margarine and sugar.
- Press crushed pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend together the cream cheese and sugar. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over cooled pretzel mixture.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the strawberry flavored gelatin in boiling water. Mix in strawberries and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. (make sure and wait the 15 min cause I didn't and the jello sunk into all the little holes and made the pretzel part all jello-y)
- Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.