Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This ones a keeper...

So I tried a new cupcake recipe yesterday. I had a tiny bit of peaches left and plenty of yummy peach/cream cheese frosting. So I decided to try a basic cupcake recipe, puree my remaining peaches and add them in, and then frost them with the peach/cream cheese icing.

When I was looking for recipes, it only made sense to use a cream cheese cupcake recipe, so this is what I used (from the blog Schweet 'N Savory):

Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

To make these deliciously scrumptious cupcakes, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and lightly flour 14 muffin cups.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat well.
Add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.

The only thing I changed was adding about 1/2 c of peach puree. And they were awesome! I think this will become my go-to white cupcake recipe!

No comments: