8 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 cups milk
1. preheat the over to 375 degrees and prepare the muffin pans with nonstick spray or paper
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugars, and eggs and mix on high speed
for 10 minutes. Add the vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir them into the butter mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Add the milk and stir just until combined.
6. Pour the batter into pans, filling at least halfway. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted comes out clean.
7. Turn out the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
And for the frosting, I went back to my old fave from allrecipes.com:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in cocoa and vanilla. Place confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Pour in cocoa mixture. Beat well (mixture will be extremely thick). Beat in milk, a teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.