*makes 12 cupcakes*
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup rasberries (with a little sugar sprinkled on them)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup strained raspberry puree (with 1/4 c sugar mixed in)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Line muffin pan with paper liners.
3) In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and oil. Mix in raspberries and vanilla. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and puree, making three additions of flour mixture and two of puree, beating until batter is smooth. Mix in chocolate chips and vinegar.
5) Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
1 Tsp vanilla
3 cups confectioners sugar
3 Tsp raspberry puree
2 Tsp milk
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir on cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners sugar. Beat well (it is extremely thick). Beat in puree and milk a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.